Visas fo Slovakia
- In general, visitors to Slovakia are required to have a visa.
- Visas may be obtained at the Slovak diplomatic representation outside Slovakia.
- In most cases, the passport must be valid for at least 3 additional months from the date of departure from Slovakia.
- There are bi-lateral agreements with many countries that eliminate the need for a visa.
A valid passport is sufficient.
- Visits for citizens of these states are valid for periods of between two weeks to 6 months, depending on the country of origin.
- In no case is a short-term visit to Slovakia permitted for more than 180 days.
- A foreign resident must register with the police within 3 days of his arrival in Slovakia.
There is no need to register with the police if the foreign resident is staying at a hotel, motel or similar.
- Occasionally, a foreign resident is required to prove, on his entry into Slovakia, that he has enough money for the period of his stay as well as a return ticket.