Visas fo Greece
- In general, visitors to Greece are required to have a visa.
- Visas may be obtained at the Greek diplomatic representation outside Greece.
- In most cases, the passport must be valid for at least 3 additional months from the date of departure from Greece.
- Residents of the United States, Britain, the EU and many other countries do not need a visa. A passport is sufficient for a visit to Greece that is for up to 3 months.
- In certain cases, the immigration authorities require proof of earning ability, a valid ticket of departure from Greece, and more.
- Visitors from a large groups of countries, in the main, from Asia, Africa and South America, must have a visa before entry into Greece.
- Visitors from a small groups of countries such as Syria, Pakistan, Turkey and others must have a visa even for a short stopover in transit of up to 48 hours.
- Work permits are issued only in Greece by the Ministry of Labor.
- In order to obtain a permit, an authorization must be provided by a Greek employer of the need to employ a foreign worker.