- Residents of the EU, the United States of America, Canada and a number of other countries do not require a visa to enter Italy.
Residents of other countries do need a visa.
- In most cases a passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
Italy Work Permits
- A foreign resident who is interested in working in Italy must obtain a work permit.
- A work permit is granted, subject to an investigation to ensure that the matter concerns a skilled worker who has no criminal background and who will not present a threat to local employment or employment of workers from the EU.
- A work permit is granted only when the applicant is outside Italy when he/she makes the application.
- The work permit is granted for a maximum of one year with an option to extend it as necessary.
- An EU resident does not require a visa to work in Italy, but needs a stay permit.