Hungary Visas and Work Permits
India Visas and Work Permits
- All foreign residents entering India must have a visa.
- The main classes of visas in India are:
- A tourist visa - intended for anyone who intends to visit India solely as a tourist. The visa is granted for a period of 6 - 12 months without any authorization for an extension.
- Entry visa - intended for a number of entries into India on frequent occasions.
- Business visa - intended for instances in which a foreign resident visits India for business purposes, including opening a business. The visa is usually granted for a period of 6 months from the date of entry.
- Employment visa - intended for a foreign resident who intends to work in India. A letter of invitation from the employer in India should be provided.
- The visas are usually issued by the Indian representative offices in a foreign country. Applications may be made to the Ministry of the Interior in India for an extension of an existing visa.
- Young people wishing to study in India must obtain a "Student Visa".
India Residential Permits
- Foreign residents who wish to live in India for over 180 days must register with the Registration Office in India within 15 days of their entry to India.
- A medical certificate for AIDS is required.
- Residential permits in India are issued for a period that corresponds to the period of the employment visa.
It is not necessary to obtain a work permit in addition.
- When the spouse of a foreign resident who holds a business/employment visa wishes to work in India, he/she must submit a separate application for a business/employment visa.