Visas fo Estonia
- Residents of the EU and EEA countries are allowed free access to Estonia.
- Residents of many other countries, including the USA, Japan, and Australia are only required to present a valid passport, without needing a visa for a stay of less than 6 months.
- Residents of countries other than those specified above must obtain a visa.
The Main Classes of Visas in Estonia
- An airport visa - permits a stay in the area of an Estonian airport without entry into Estonia.
- A transit visa - this allows transit from Estonia to another country.
- Short term visa - the visa is valid for up to six months for a single entry.
- Long term visa.
Estonia Residential Permits
- A resident of the EU may reside and work in Estonia for up to 3 months without a permit. When a longer period is involved, a residential and work permit is required to work as an employee or to open a business in Estonia.
- A residential permit is valid for a maximum of 5 years.
- A temporary residential visa may be obtained for a shareholder of a company registered in Estonia, or for a self-employed applicant who wishes to open a business.
- To obtain a permit, a foreign resident must invest EEK 250,000 (Euro 16,282) in the event of a business of a self-employed individual, or EEK 1,000,000 (Euro 63,900) in the event of a limited company.