Turkish law exempts the following forms of income from tax:
- Profits from private pension funds, up to a limit.
- For individuals income from sale of Turkish shares held for 1-2 years subject to terms.
- For individuals, income from sale of immovable property held for 5 years or more.
- For companies, dividend paid by a resident company to a Turkish company.
- Under certain terms dividend received from a nonresident company may be tax exempt too.
Turkey Tax Relief
- Undocumented expenses paid in foreign currency abroad, up to 0.5% of gross income.
- Bad debts, subject to certain conditions.
- Donations to certain organisations, up to 5% of taxable income.
- Medical expenses made by employees.
Note: Previous update by "Independent Accountants, July 2009.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.