Portugal Tax Exempt IncomeSome forms of income in Portugal are tax-exempt or subject to reduced rates as follows:
- Income from the sale of a residential apartment when the proceeds are invested in another apartment in Portugal or the EU/EEA states within 24 months before the sale, or 36 months after it.
- Retirement payments to an employee not exceeding the average salary during the last twelve months.
- For companies sale of fixed assets held for more than one year if the proceeds are reinvested within a limited period are taxed at 12.5% rate.
- Under certain terms, dividend received by a resident company from another resident company, or EU resident company ,is tax exempt.
- Non-residents pay a flat 28% tax on net rental income.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.