The following operations are exempt from capital gains tax:
* Capital gains and dividends from a participation holding.
- Transfer of assets among companies that are part of the same group.
- Transfer of shares in a Maltese company by foreign residents (on condition that the Maltese company does not hold real estate in Malta).
- Transfer of shares registered for trading on a registered Stock Exchange.
- For non residents, capital gain from disposal of collective investment units.
- Transfer to public institutions.
- Sale of realestate owned by an individual for 3 years minimum.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.