Some forms of income are tax-exempt/reduced as follows:
- A dividend received by individuals from a Greek company is subject to 5%.
- Interest income is subject to 15%.
Royalties are subject to 20%.
- A dividend received by a Greek company from another Greek company is tax exempt subject to certain conditions.
- A dividend received by a company from a EU company fulfilling the EU parent subsidiary directive is tax exempt.
- Capital gain from sale of a whole business between family members, as defined by law, is subject to 1.2% tax (spouse, child) or 2.4% only, depending on the family closeness of the buyer.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.