Some forms of income are tax-exempt/reduced as follows:
- A dividend received by individuals from a Greek company is subject to 5%.
- Interest income is subject to 15%.
Royalties are subject to 20%.
- A dividend received by a Greek company from another Greek company is tax exempt subject to certain conditions.
- A dividend received by a company from a EU company fulfilling the EU parent subsidiary directive is tax exempt.
- Capital gain from sale of a whole business between family members, as defined by law, is subject to 1.2% tax (spouse, child) or 2.4% only, depending on the family closeness of the buyer.