Some forms of an individual's income are tax-exempt, subject to the conditions specified in Chinese law, as follows:
- A standard monthly exemption of CNY 5,000 on income from a salary for a foreign resident, same for a Chinese resident too.
- Compensation from an insurance company.
- Severance pay in accordance with the provisions of Chinese law.
- Subsidies that are lawfully received.
- A pension from work, and allowances for survivors.
- Prizes granted by the Government for sporting, educational and other achievements.
- Income from interest from bank deposits and government bonds.
- Capital gains from sale of private dwelling held for 5 years.
- Dividend received by a resident company from another resident company.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.