Some forms of income are tax-exempt/reduced as follows:
- A dividend received by individuals from a Cypriot company is tax exempt but subject to 17% SDC, special defense contribution
- Interest income is tax exempt too but subject 30% SDC.
- A dividend received by a Cypriot company from another Cypriot company is tax exempt subject to certain conditions.
- A dividend received by a company from a EU company fulfilling the EU parent subsidiary directive is tax exempt.
- Capital gain from sale of a whole business between family members, as defined by law, is subject to 1.2% tax (spouse, child) or 2.4% only, depending on the family closeness of the buyer.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.