- In most cases, VAT is 18%. Starting January 1,2019 the rate will rise to 20%.
- There are reduced rates of VAT of 10% that refers mainly to children's products and food products.
- VAT is charged on assets and services in Russia as well as on imports into Russia.
- Medications and medical products and technological products are exempt from VAT on being imported.
- Exports are not subject to VAT.
- Income from medications and medical services as well as income from insurance and banking services is exempt from VAT.
- The threshold for VAT registration is a turnover exceeding RUB 2 million in the previous three months.
- VAT returns are made once in a quarter. The payment is made up until the 25th day after the current quarter, paying the VAT due by up to three installments.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.