Albania Value Added Tax
- VAT in Albania is 20%.
There are reduced rates of 6% for hotel services ad books A reduced 10% rate relates to agricultural products.
- VAT is payable on assets and services in Albania as well as on imports into Albania.
- Exports from Albania are exempt from VAT.
- Income from financial services such as insurance and banking services are exempt from VAT.
- Every business that had a turnover in excess of ALL 10 million in the previous 12 months must register with the VAT authorities.
- A 'VAT' bank account must be opened that will be used for payments of VAT and receipt of refunds.
- VAT reports are filed monthly.
Albania Real Estate Tax
- The rate of tax on real estate is 2%-8%.
- The rate is determined according to the location of the municipalities.
Albania Transfer Tax
- The tax is levied on transfer of real estate and vehicles.
The tax is ALL 100-2,000 per square meter of buildings.
Albania Inheritance TaxInheritance Tax is levied on individuals inheriting Albanian property.
The tax rate is 15%.
For close relatives there are exemptions subject to terms.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.