Bulgaria Value Added Tax
- VAT in Bulgaria is 20%. There is a reduced rate of 9% for hotel services.
- VAT is payable on assets and services in Bulgaria as well as on imports into Bulgaria.
- Exports from Bulgaria are exempt from VAT.
- Income from financial services such as insurance and banking services are exempt from VAT. Legal advice is also exempt from VAT subject to the terms specified in law.
- Every business that had a turnover in excess of BGL 50,000 in the previous 12 months must register with the VAT authorities.
- A 'VAT' bank account must be opened that will be used for payments of VAT and receipt of refunds.
Bulgaria Real Estate Tax
- The rate of tax on real estate is 0.01%-0.45%.
- The rate is determined according to the location of the municipalities.
Bulgaria Transfer Tax
- The tax is levied on transfer of real estate and vehicles. The tax rates are 0.1%-3%.
Bulgaria Inheritance TaxInheritance Tax is levied on individuals inheriting Bulgarian property.
The tax rate is 0.4% for close relatives,up to 6.6% for non close relatives.
There are exemptions for property valued under BGN 250,000.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.