Ireland Value Added Tax
- In most cases standard VAT in Ireland is 23%.
There are also reduced V.A.T. rates of There are also reduced V.A.T. rates of 13.5%, 9%, 5.4% and 4.8%.
- VAT is charged on assets and services in Ireland as well as on imports into Ireland.
- The minimum turnover for registering with the VAT authorities is EUR 37,500 (for services) and EUR 75,000 (for goods).
- VAT returns are made once every two months. In certain cases, it is possible to make a return once a year.
Ireland Transactions that are Exempt from VATThe following products and services are exempt from VAT:
- Health and medical services.
- Children's clothing.
- Insurance and banking services.
- Agricultural fertilizers.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.