It is worth paying attention to the following points at business meetings in Lithuania:
- In general, business behavior in Lithuania is similar to that in the rest of Europe: a handshake before and after a meeting is customary and acceptable.
- Immediately after shaking hands at the start of the meeting, it is customary to exchange business cards. See that you have a sufficient quantity of business cards.
- The acceptable dress for a business meeting is a business suit for men. Women are recommended to dress fashionably, but not loudly.
- Most business people have a good command of English. The presence of a translator will help a business meeting to progress.
- Acceptable gifts for business meetings are items for the office, pens (including pens with your company logo) as well as selected wines.
- It takes some time to be able to fix a meeting. Remember that frequently, senior executives acquired their experience in the former Communist regime. Confirm in advance, before the meeting, by fax or letter, that it will take place.
- You are recommended to avoid business meetings in the months of July and August or around the times of national holidays.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.