Slovenia Tax DeductionsAll forms of relief relate to the income of an individual who is a Slovenian resident.
The following amounts are subject to the definition and ceilings in Slovenian law:
- Personal allowance for a resident starting EUR 3,303.
- A deduction for purchase of primary residence,up to 4% of the taxable income.
- Receipt of state cultural grants, up to a limit.
Business Deductions in SloveniaThe following expenses are partially allowable for tax purposes in Slovenia, subject to certain conditions:
- Offset of losses - a loss may be offset forward up to 50% of current year's income.
There is no carryback.
- Consolidated reports are not allowed.
- Finance expenses - in certain circumstances, financing expenses are not allowable.
These circumstances include a loan received from associated parties, or loans that are granted on terms that are significantly different from the accepted terms in the Slovenian market.
- When the debt to equity ratio is above 4:1, the interest expense on loans is not allowable for tax purposes.
- Depreciation on fixed assets - the allowable rates of depreciation in Slovenia are:
|Class of Asset||Annual Depreciation,%|
|Machinery and equipment||25%|