Estonia Tax Deductions
All forms of relief relate to the income of an individual who is an Estonian resident.
The following amounts are subject to the definition and ceilings in Estonian law:
Estonia Personal Relief
- Personal deduction for a resident in the sum of EUR 1,848 per year.
- A deduction for children under the age of 17, from the third child onward.
- Insurance payments for a pension, up to 15% of income.
- Certain donations up to a total of 5% of taxable income.
- Expenses for advanced professional studies.
- Alimony payments.
- Interest paid to financial institutions for purchase of an apartment/residential home.
Comment: According to proposed legislation as a result of joining the EU, the tax relief will apply, subject to certain conditions, to a resident of another EU country whose main income is in Estonia.