Registration of a Corporation in Slovenia
Types of Corporations in SloveniaIn Slovenia, the following are very acceptable forms of incorporation:
- A Limited Liability Company (with the suffix D.O.O.)
-Minimum share capital - SIT 2.1 million (SIT 14,000 for each shareholder).
-Maximum number of shareholders - 50; minimum number - 1.
- At least 1/3 of the capital must be paid in cash.
- The company has one or more managers, appointed for 2 years at least.
- Joint Stock Company (with the suffix D.D.) with a minimum of SIT 1,000 per share.
-Minimum share capital - SIT 6 million.
-Minimum number of shareholders - 1.
- Preference shares,when allowed by the company bylaws cannot exceed 50% of the total capital.
The management board , with a minimum of 1 member, is elected by the supervisory board for 5 years.
- Public companies and companies having more than 500 employees must have a supervisory board.
- Note: Companies in Slovenia are divided into 3 categories, large medium and small companies.
The criteria is based on the company's assetes, turnover and number of employees.
Branches in Slovenia
- Branches of foreign companies can operate in Slovenia on behalf the parent company.
- When the parent foreign company is not in the EU, the company must operate abroad for at least 2 years before opening a branch in Slovenia.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.