Latvia Company formation and Registration
Registration of a Corporation in LatviaTypes of Corporations in Latvia
In Latvia, the following are very acceptable forms of incorporation:
A Private Limited Liability Company (with the suffix SIA)
- The minimum registered share capital is LVL 2,000. (approximately Euro 3,000).
- The company is prohibited from offering its shares to the public or from trading on the Stock Exchange.
- The shareholders' undertaking is limited to the amount of the capital invested only.
- The company does not issue share certificates and registration of the shareholders is recorded in the "Shareholders Register".
- A director must be appointed for the company.
A Public Limited Liability Company (with the suffix AS)
- The minimum registered share capital is LVL 25,000 (approximately Euro 38,000).
- The company may offer its shares to the public.
Note: The information in this site is for general guidance only. Users of this site are advised to take professional advice before taking practical tax decisions.
Please read our terms of service before entering this site.