Turkey Business Practice and Business Etiquette Tips
It is worth paying attention to the following points at business meetings in Turkey:
- A handshake is the accepted custom at the start of a business meeting.
- Turkish dress is similar to the accepted mode of dress in Western Europe.
For men - a suit, tie and white shirt. For women - a skirt of conservative length is recommended.
- Women should refrain from using perfume, lipsticks and ostentatious jewelry.
- On meeting people for the first time, it is customary to use their first name.
- Most business people have a good command of English.
- Acceptable gifts for business meetings are items for the office, quality pens (including pens with your company logo).
- Do not offer wine as a gift under any circumstances. Whiskey, on the other hand, is very acceptable.
- On receiving an invitation to a home, luxury chocolate, a scarf for the hostess or flowers is a welcome gift.
- The exchange of business cards is common practice.
- Women should wear long sleeves and a long skirt on visiting a mosque and a hat or scarf as a head covering.
- The public display of affection between people is considered improper.
- Try to avoid business meetings in the months of July and August or around the times of national holidays.
© All copyrights reserved
| Security Policy
| Terms of Service